Sunday, May 1, 2011

Were here!

We made it! Few bumps in the road, but were finally here and excited to experience all the SG has to offer.

The journey was pretty rough. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare, shuffled through security (blissfully shortened bc of our fancy business class tickets) and proceeded to spend about an hour in the business lounge as we waited for our flight to board. We eventually meandered to our gate, and when boarding for our flight was announced, I quickly came to the realization that my passport was no longer in my bag.

Needless to say, I freaked. I SPRINTED (and I barely run for busses) back to the business lounge, and it was nowhere to be found. I jogged at a fairly rapid pace back to the gate, asking random security guards and restaurant employees if it had been turned in. We asked the flight people what to do, ran around some more, when I finally concluded that I may not recover it in time, and Jon needed to get on the plane. I held on to all hope as I ran back to the business lounge to double check, and on my way, I heard an angelic voice say over the speaker "Paging: , please dial lost and found for a missing item." It was as if God himself spoke. The gate agent then ran to the gate that angel lady said it was at... and then paged back to say it was not there. We called semi-mentally-challenged angel lady back, and she said that they had moved it to customer service. Why? I'll never know. Gate agent guy ran to that area, retrieved it, and began the run back... when the other gate guy said "I'm sorry- the door is locked. There's nothing we can do."

I collapsed onto the chair, began hyperventilating, and CRIED MY EYES OUT. I watched the plane leave with my husband on it, unaware if I'd ever make it to Singapore.

I have to give a mad shout out to the Singapore Airlines people. They helped me so much. The guy didn't have to run, but he did. After my passport was found, they immediately rebooked me for the very next flight, they called a hotel for me, and stayed with me until the hotel shuttle showed up.

How did I go about losing my passport? while walking between the business lounge and the gate, I dropped my carry-on bag. I guess it fell out and i didn't even notice.

I did eventually get in contact with Jon, I eventually got on the plane, and I eventually arrived in Singapore. Leave it to me to make what should have been the beginning of our new exciting adventure... an exciting adventure, to say the least.

In any case, we are here. More adventures to follow.

-nikki

Location:Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment